Monday, February 20, 2017

Reichsarmee

I was fortunate to pick up a nice collection of Seven Years War figures at a very good price. I wasn't sure what to do with them at first, but in looking at the variety of figures, mostly Austrian with some Prussian mixed in, I thought I might be able to transform them into a nice portion of the Reichsarmee. Now this force was a pretty poor one, based on what I have read, but they fought along side of the French in a couple of battles, so they will lend some weight to my French army. They are also quite a colorful army. It took an afternoon to redo some of the paint jobs, mostly facing colors, and another afternoon to rebase them. I am quite pleased with the result. I even had a small brigade of figures to paint up as a Swiss contingent for the French and an extra Hungarian regiment for my Austrian army.
This is the entire collection
Mostly Saxon brigade of the Reichsarmee

a second Reichsarmee brigade

some heavy cavalry

The small Swiss brigade. It has a battalion of the Royal Plogne.
Not sure when they will see some action, but they are ready when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment