Saturday, January 9, 2021

Making Split Rail Fences for ACW/AWI

 You just can't have enough fencing for ACW and AWI wargames. I couldn't find 28mm split rail fences anywhere online, so I made my own! I have added about 12 feet to what I already had and have enough materials to add probably that much more.

These are the materials I used. The cereal box was used to cut out the bases. I used the outline from the fences I already had as a template.

These are the commercially made bases I used as a model.

These are some that I made from scratch.

I was able to make about 12 feet.




Once the glue dried, I spray painted the whole section in flat black. I then did a heavy dry-brush of the fence and base with burnt umber, followed by a lighter dry-brush of silvergrey.

To finish them off, I added Woodland Scenics green blended turf and then some brown ballast with a light tan highlight.


2 comments:

  1. Your fences look great! You are right in that one can never have enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to see a game filled with fencing.

    ReplyDelete