Thursday, April 6, 2023

New Republican Roman Allied Legion

I took advantage of the sale Victrix out on for their Punic Wars figures. I am adding an entire allied legion to my Republican army and beefing up some of my Carthaginian units, adding a third rank so they look more like a phalanx. Here are some shots of my new allied legion. I realize that they probably were not uniform at all, but my other units are. I wanted to be consistent. I chose to do these in primarlily green. I am pleased with the overall result. One bag of figures was enough to put together a full legion along the lines of my others. I had to press a couple of the vilite figures into service as hastatii. Using the larger shield, they blend in well and, being unarmored, have the look of hastatii.

No comments:

Post a Comment