Thursday, March 14, 2024

A Few More Additions to the Jacobite Rebellion Collection

Just when I thought I was out, it dragged me back in! This collection has become quite special to me. I love the look of the figures on the table. I had the 43rd Foot represented by a group of 16 figures of "Government Highlanders." The Black Watch, however, couldn't be that ordinary. So I purchased the FIW highlander pack. It contained two flag bearers, a falling casualty figure AND four grenadier figures plus drummers and pipers. I used 24 of the figures to create a much more appealing unit for my table.
I was also dissatisfied with my Jacobite horse. I know the units were small, but this is a game, after all, so I wanted a little more substance to my elite cavlary units. I bought a pack of ten figures and used six to bring the two elite units up to 8 figures each. They each now have a standard, officer and trumpeter. I am quite pleased with this.
Finally, I wanted the Jacobites to have some English supporters. The Old Glory range doesn't include any of these, so I bought a couple of packs from the WSS range. These only contain 10 figures each, but for an experiment, that worked well for me. I conscripted one of my officer figures from the Government command pack to carry the standard for my newly raised Manchester Regiment. 20 figures strong, they will serve the Bonnie Prince with gusto. They are more "uniformed" than I would like, but they fit in pretty well for my purposes.

1 comment: