Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Progress is being made

I have been quite busy on my rebasing project. To the left is a shot of some of the Russians I have completed. I am very pleased with the results so far. The Russians were fairly easy because I already had the correct number of figures, 16, for each battalion. I have done some Austrians, too, as I had 24 figures for each of their battalions. The Prussians, however, required four extra figures for each battalion, so I had some painting to do. The same is true for just about all of the cavalry. But I was able to pick up a huge amount of figures for a very good price, so I will have everything I need to complete the project and then some.

The Old Glory SYW line is one of their best, in my humble opinion. They are a lot of fun to paint and quite colorful. The slightly larger bases make the units all that more attractive on the table. I'll be posting more shots in the next couple of days. Right now, however, my table is a mess of basing materials and scores of stands in various stages of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment