Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Project Finished

I just completed my summer painting project: a corp each of Austrians and Russians. The totals came to 408 Russian infantry, 90 Russian cavalry and 24 Russian guns and crews plus all of the officers up to corp level and three limbers.  For the Austrians, there were 696 infantry, 66 cavalry and 24 guns and crew plus all of the officers up to corp level and three limbers.  If my math is correct, that's over 1,400 figures!

I am very pleased with the Russian hoards.  It took me a few battalions before I got the hang of the Austrians.  Taken as a whole, however, I think the overall effect is quite impressive.

My next project will be a little less ambitious; a division of Bavarians to help out the French against these two formidable foes.  But I am going to take a bit of a breather before I start on that.

Austrian jagers and militia

Austrian hussars

Austrian border troops and chevauleger

An Austrian brigade. Big battalions!

Russian Hussars

Russian jager brigade

Russian cavalry

2 Russian brigades and artillery

Austrian brigade


  1. Amazing. Wish you lived next door we could run some good campaigns by adding my French and Austrians.

  2. That is a LOT of troops! Well done!

  3. Looking good, very impressive!

  4. Well don't that man, you are a machine!!!