Friday, October 27, 2017

Victrix Republican Romans and Carthaginians

My most recent project, apart from doing some commission work, has been delving into one of the Victrix ancient ranges. I chose the Punic Wars and took advantage of one of Victrix's free postage specials on two occasions.  To date, I have 120 Romans and 102 Carthaginians and Spaniards finished. I am working on 40 more armored Spaniards and just purchased 24 Iberian cavalry and another box of armored Republican Romans. Along with the figures, I have invested in the Little Big Man Studios shield transfers. I have had to experiment a bit, but I think I am making them work fairly well.  Here are some shots of the collection so far.

These are the Carthaginians

Libyan Spearmen

1st Roman Unit

2nd Roman Unit

3rd Roman Unit

Spanish unarmored infantry

It looks like Victrix has plans to add Gauls and elephants to their line of figures. While I am waiting, I will pick up some Samnites and Carthaginian citizen infantry. I believe Victrix also has Roman Republican cavalry. I need to look into that.

2 comments: