Tuesday, October 3, 2017

HMGS PSW Fall Convention

I made my way out to Cal State Fullerton for the HMGS PSW Fall convention. It was held in the student union building at CUSF and was a very nice venue indeed. I was there Saturday morning and the turn out was good. I am sure this was helped by the fact that the Orange County Miniature Modeling Show was being held in the same place at the same time.

I didn't play in any games. They were mostly underway when I got there, but I got to chat with some guys and take a few pictures. I am glad I went and it was good to see a healthy group of gamers assembled.

These are pictures of a Napoleonic Black Powder game; Aspern-Essling I believe.  Nicely painted figures, and lots of them.









These are shots of a Gettysburg game in 5mm.  That scale allows recreating huge battles, but it is a bit too small for my tastes. They were having fun, regardless.


The modeling show had some nice displays, but only a couple entrants in the units competition. It made me wish I had brought a couple of my units to set out for viewing. I could have become an award winning painter by default!



No comments:

Post a Comment