Sunday, April 14, 2024

More Jacobite Rebellion Action

I got all the figures in the collection out on the table for another go at The Rising of the Clans. Prince Charles's army had the unenviable task of trying to break the government line deployed along a road with a stone wall along its edge. As I believe was farily historical, the clans have initial success if they can close with the British, but will have difficulties if there isn't support to follow up that success. I really enjoy painting these Old Glory 25mm. So much so, that I have ordered up another batch. I will add all four regiments of the French Irish brigade as well as four more British regiments plus two batteries of French guns. I have also ordered standards from Flags of War. I am really looking forward to adding these to the collection in order to fight out a variety of scenarios. Here is what I have so far. The Lowlanders advance to support Roy Stewart
The Macdonald clans advance to attack Wolfe's brigade.
Murray's brigade has some success against Mourdant's men.
The Manchester regiment has its baptism of fire
Roy Stewart's men close with Lascelle's brigade in the center.

2 comments: