Sunday, May 12, 2024

Additional Units for the Jacobite Rebellion

The truth is, I thoroughly enjoy painting up these Old Glory figures. The units come together rather quickly, and the Flags of War banners add so much to each unit. My most recent additions are four regiments of foot and fleshing out the Irish Picquets into four full battalions. I also had some extra artillerists from the Christmas project for my grandsons, so I added two French guns as well. I am imagining that, somehow, the French were able to get past the British blockade and land a full contingent into Scotland. The collection has burgeoned into a mass of 1,050 figures! I had painted up my Atholl Brigade as highlanders. Further research has revealed that they were, in fact, lowlanders. So, I just placed an order for 60 lowlanders. What is now the Atholl Brigade will take on new identities by becoming clan regiments. Here are the new additions:

No comments:

Post a Comment