Sunday, February 4, 2018

Latest Punic War Addtions

I couldn't resist the new elephant set Victrix put out recently. It was relatively easy to assemble. If you are thinking about making the purchase, I would say also getting the decal set from Little Big Man Studios is a must. You can tell from the photos below just how much they add to the model. I applied them to the tower prior to attaching it to the body of the elephant. This made things much easier. The set was about $11, but I think it was well worth it. They are perfectly designed for this particular set. I purchased the Carthaginian set, but there are sets for Numidians and Romans as well. The accompanying infantry figures can be assembled to represent any of those three nationalities.




Along with the elephants, I picked up a box of Rome's Italian Allied Legions along with two sheets of decals for them from LBMS. There were sixty figures. I used just 43 to make up my legion.  I thought it would be Republican Romans just packaged differently, but this was not the case. The velities and the command figures are the same as in the Republican pack, but the heavy infantry figures are in different armor. The head options are different as well. It was a good purchase.




My next installment will come about when the Victrix Gauls are released, which should be very soon. I am also thinking of adding some Greeks, as they were involved in some of the battles that took place in Sicily. Realistically, though, I am just looking for more figures to paint!


4 comments: