Friday, February 12, 2021

Hail Caesar Battle Set Up

 My Hail Caesar collection is built around the Punic Wars. I have Republican Romans, Carthaginians, Gauls, Numidians, Spaniards and Greeks. I recently added A LOT more Greeks. I love the shields, what can I say.

This scenario is loosely based on action during the 1t Punic War in Sicily. One one side are the Carthaginians and some Greek allies. They are pitted against more Greeks and Republican Romans. There are five divisions on each side, so it will be a large battle.

Two Greek groups occupy a hill.

The Carthaginians have three divisions.

More Carthaginians

An opposing Greek division of hoplites in reserve on a hill

A second Greek division

One division of Republican Romans

A second division plus a small division of cavalry

From behind the Grecko/Carthaginian line

Libyan infantry in reserve

Carthaginian cavalry

The Carthaginians try using elephants for the first time




I hope to be able to actually fight the battle in the next few days. I will post some reports once I do.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely collection of units. Looking forward to seeing the battle report.

    ReplyDelete