Friday, July 3, 2015

Warlord Games Vistula Legion

The last of my Warlord Games figures are completed, a 36 man unit of the Vistula Legion.  All of the rank and file are in a marching pose.  This is the easiest pose for me to paint.  The detail on the figures was good, but not up to par with the Victrix infantry figures I have painted.  This was especially true of the belts and facial features.  Despite this, they were a pleasure to put a brush to and I was pleased with the final outcome.

An unusual feature of this box is the variety of heads.  Several were in metal, but there weren't enough in czapkas to equip the entire unit that way.  You have to order additional heads to do that.  This set also does not include a standard bearer.  That would have been a nice addition and should have been included I think.

In terms of size comparison, I was surprised to see that these were a tad larger than my Victrix infantry, but the difference is very slight and they are not incompatible at all.

Overall, this is a  nice group of figures.  I like that it had 36 figures.  It makes for a full bodied battalion that looks great on the table top.

The battalion in line

The battalion in column



1 comment:

  1. OMG, they are so realistically painted - and in such a scale.. Fabulous, great, wonderful!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete