Monday, July 2, 2018

1st Nassau Regiment

Over the weekend I painted up half of my Victrix French box as a battalion of Nassau infantry. For the most part, this regiment's uniform were of French cut as far as I could tell. The exception was the grenadiers; they wore a busby as opposed to a shako or bear skin. My solution was to appropriate some heads from the box of Perry chasseurs a cheval I recently purchased. These were a perfect fit and did the job nicely as I believe the pictures below will confirm.

The other half of the box, predominately in marching poses, will be painted up as the Neuchatel regiment, also known as the Canaries due to their yellow coats. They should be done by the end of the week.

YouTube Video







4 comments:

  1. You've done a lovely job on this unit; I happen to be finishing off the same unit now, in the 1815 uniform (nearly identical) with Foundry figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Look forward to seeing the chaps in yellow.

    ReplyDelete