Sunday, March 7, 2021

Scratch built Ruined Wall Sections

 One of the most enjoyable aspects of this hobby, for me anyway, is building terrain pieces. It is amazing how much one can accomplish with a few materials and a lot of imagination. My latest project was to build a couple of ruined wall sections for my 15mm FWI fort.

By chance, I came across a package of wooden dowels at Joann's the other day that I though might be about the right size for the logs on my fort. I was able to turn a $1.79 purchase into the following.

Intact sections

One section replaced with a ruin.

Two sections replaced with ruins
My hope is that the ruined sections will look like they have been hammered by artillery.


2 comments:

  1. Nicely done and unusual to see a ruined section on forts ... you may have started something here :-)

    ReplyDelete